Create Grouping Reports
The Benchmark Reporting suite allows you to group students by their standards performance. Choose a grouping strategy to create small groups based on standards performance to help you personalize your instruction.
Access the Grouping Tab
You can access the Grouping tab by following a few simple steps.
Select Class in the Report Level Selector.
Select Standards in Report Type Selector
Select a class in the Class dropdown in the Roster tab in the Universal Selector.
Click the Grouping tab to the right of the Overview tab.
The Edit Groups page appears.
Use the Edit Groups Page to Create Groups
The Edit Groups page is where you will use the standards performance of your students to create groups.
Use these steps to start creating groups for your classroom.
- Select your district’s standards.
Use the View dropdown box to select the standards for your district. Most districts will have their standards preselected.
- Select Grade.
Use this dropdown to include results for assessments administered outside of your class grade level. For example, if you administered a second-grade test to your third-grade students, then the dropdown will appear to select either grade 2 or 3 results. This dropdown can only be changed if you have assessment data from other grade levels.
- Select the number of questions
Use the dropdown box to select a number that will then show only standards assessed with that number of test questions.
- Select a standard or standards strand.
Use the dropdown box to choose a single standards strand or multiple strands.
- Select standards
Click on a standard to include it in the standards analysis for your groups. Check Select All include all the standards in a strand in your analysis. This option does not appear when selecting multiple strands.
- Select the number of groups.
Use the plus and minus buttons box to select the number of groups you want to divide your classroom into.
- Select the grouping method.
Select a method for how you would like to divide your groups.
- Cluster: Students are grouped by common strengths and weaknesses on the selected standards. Groups are not necessarily equal size.
- Average: Groups of equal size are created based on students' average score across the selected standards.
- High-Low: Students with the highest and lowest overall average scores across the selected standards are grouped together.
- Create your groups!
Click Apply to create your groups.
Navigate the Grouping Report
The Grouping Report is where you can edit your groups and view them through different configurations.
- Group by: change the grouping strategies of your current group.
- Standards navigation: use the navigation arrows to the side of the standards to navigate between the standards you’ve selected for your analysis. You can also use the buttons and arrows at the bottom of the screen to shift between standards.
- Sorting arrows: Use the sorting arrows to change the display order within groups.
- Use the arrows to the left of the Groups/ Students column heading to sort students within groups in alphabetical or reverse alphabetical order.
- Use the arrows to the left of the Average% Score column heading to sort students within groups in ascending or descending order based on their average percentage score.
- Use the arrows below the standards to sort students within groups in ascending or descending order based on their performance in the selected standard.
- Edit Groups button: click the button to return to the Edit Groups page.
|You can hover on a standard in the standards navigation area to get more information about it. Clicking on a standards score will tell you how many questions tested that particular standard with regard to that individual student’s performance.|
Move Students Between Groups
The Edit Groups page is where you will use the standards performance of your students to create groups. Use these steps to start creating groups for your classroom.
- Hover over a student in the Grouping Report to highlight them. The Move icon appears next to the student’s name.
- Click on the Move icon.
- The Move Student box appears.
- Choose the group into which you want to move the selected student.
- The student appears in the selected group with a flag icon next to their name.
|All students manually moved between groups have a permanent “moved” icon next to their name. Hovering over the flag icon displays a student's group of origin. Changing the grouping strategy resets students moved between groups.|
Print or Download Group
You can create a print record of your groups by following a few simple steps.
Create groups through the Edit Groups page.
Edit your groups by using the Edit Group tab on the Groups page.
Press the Print icon at the upper-right of the Groups page and follow your printer’s instructions.
Teachers can also use the csv. button to download a spreadsheet of their created group (in csv. format).