The Test Taker is the test-taking environment that students use to take and submit their tests to teachers for review and grading. Teachers can preview test content and take a test like a student in the Test Taker before assigning assessments to students.
The Test Taker allows you to:
- Select and navigate to specific questions in a test.
- Switch between different passages in a test if there are more than one.
- Listen to passages and questions read aloud if the test has audio.
- Set or clear bookmarks on questions.
- View question status icons identifying Answered, Not Answered, and Bookmarked questions.
- View a tally of Total, Not Answered, and Bookmarked questions.
- Revisit unanswered and bookmarked questions.
- Expand the Passage or Question areas.
- Use the Tools menu to use accessibility tools like the Highlighter, Line Reader, and Image Magnifier.
- Use the Settings menu to change the font size and page/text contrast colors.
- Get extra Help at any time during a test.
- Pause and End a test, which includes submitting a test for grading.
Test Taker at a Glance
|Test Taker Legend||Description|
Use the Test Taker toolbar to:
Question Navigation bar
Pause Test icon
End Test icon
|2. Passage area||
Passage area and tabs
Play Audio icon
Use the scroll bar to move up or down and view the content in the Passage area.
Note: Passages may contain text, graphics, audio, and/or videos.
|3. Question area||
Play Audio icon
Standards, rubrics, and sample answer tabs
|4. Passage/Question Expander arrows||
Use the arrows to expand the width of the Passage or Question areas.
Note: The Expand arrows appear blue when selected and active, and gray when inactive.
View the eAssessment title, student name, and Benchmark Education Company information.
Learn more about the Test Taking by exploring these Help topics:
- Find eAssessments
- Preview an eAssessment
- Create an eAssessment assignment
- Watch the instructional video
- Learn about question types
- Test your audio
- Use the Question Navigation bar
- Use the Tools and Settings
- Use the audio controls
- Bookmark a question
- Pause your test
- End your test