You can change a chart's settings by using the Gear icon at the top right of the work view. You can change the following chart's settings.
- Work view
- Work area appearance
- Card and letter color
- Open customizations
The Gear icon that enables you to change your settings does not appear on the Welcome page. It only appears after you select a work view.
- Click the Gear icon. The Settings dialog appears.
- Go to the Change your work view section.
- Select a work view.
- Select the number of Elkonin boxes or Pocket Chart rows, if necessary.
- Click the Elkonin boxes > More Options button to choose a layout and color for the boxes (optional).
See the Choose your Elkonin boxes work view for information about More Options.
- Click Change. The work view is changed to the new view selected.
Change to a different work view
Any cards on the workspace are cleared when you change to a different work view. Cards on the shelf remain intact and are not cleared when you change the work view.
Keep and edit the same work view
Cards on the workspace and shelf remain intact if you keep and edit the same work view by changing the number of Elkonin boxes or Pocket Chart rows.
- Click Show Toolbarto show or hide all banks; for example, Image Bank, Word Bank, Word Parts, and Build Cards.
Use this option to hide the toolbar if you want to present. If you choose to hide the toolbar you will not be able to edit until you change the setting to show the toolbar.
- Click Show Shelf to show or hide the shelf.
Use this option to hide the shelf if you want to present. If you choose to hide the shelf you will not be able to display cards on the shelf until you change the setting to show the shelf.
- Click the Clear Shelf button to clear all cards on the shelf.
- Click the Clear Work Area button to clear all cards from the workspace.
- Click the Card and/or Letter Color icon. The color palette appears.
- Choose a card and/or letter color.
- Click OK. The card appears with the new card and/or letter color selected.
Reset the default color for cards and letters with the Reset to Default Color button.
- Go to the Customization section.
- Select a customization from the Customization drop-down list.
- Click Open File.
- Click the Close (X) icon at the top-right of the dialog.
Last Updated: December 30, 2019