You can assign customized books from your library or bookshelf by using the Gear > Add to Assignment option.
|These instructions only apply to customized books.|
- Find the customized book you want to add to an assignment from your library or bookshelf. Customized books have a blue title below the book cover.
- Click the blue customized book title below the cover if you want to use another customized version of the book. The Customizations drop-down list appears.
- Click the down arrow and choose the customization you want for the assignment.
- Click the Gear icon at the bottom-right of the cover. The Gear menu appears.
- Click Add to Assignment. The customization appears in the Materials Assigned box.
- Create a new assignment by typing a name for your assignment in the Name box. To add to an existing assignment, choose the assignment from the Assignments drop-down list before using the Gear menu.
- Determine whether you want audio on or off for the assignment.
- Click Audio Available if necessary. A red (x) appears that shows audio is off.
|The Audio Available setting is a toggle key that is used to set audio on or off. This setting can only be used for eBooks and ePosters. In addition, you can only use the Audio Available setting when creating new assignments. Use the Assignments page to change the Audio Available setting and/or dates on existing assignments.|
- Click Select Students. The Select class drop-down list appears.
- Select a class, group, and/or students. The group and/or student information selected is highlighted in yellow.
|Use the Up/Down arrows to sort the groups and students in ascending or descending order.|
- Click Select all or Clear all to select or clear all groups or students from the assignment, if necessary.
- Preview the group(s) and student selections to ensure you have selected the correct group(s) and students for the assignment.
|Move your mouse over the group or student name and click X to delete the group(s) or students from the assignment, if necessary.|
- Click Done.
- Type or select a start date in the Start Date box.
- Type or select an end date in the End Date box.
- Click Save. The Successfully saved message appears.
|You can also drag your customized books to an assignment instead of using the Gear menu. You must choose the customized version of the book you want to add to the assignment before you drag.|