Web Accessibility Statement
Benchmark Education Company is dedicated to providing equal access and equal opportunity to people with diverse abilities.
Our Approach to Maintaining an Accessible Site
All student-facing software will be Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 AA compliant for the 2023-24 school year, with most software tools already compliant. This includes:
- Compatibility with screen readers such as JAWS and NVDA.
- Keyboard navigation, zoom capability, and appropriate color contrast throughout the Benchmark Universe platform for students.
- eBooks with audio recorded by human voice so students can listen to the text, practice reading along, and engage fully in the reading experience; tracked audio (each word highlights as audio is read aloud) and adjustable audio speed; and ability to zoom the textand page.
- eAssessment test taking with features such as audio for passages and questions, adjustable font sizes, contrast options, and line reader and magnification tools. Technology-enhanced questions like Hot Text and Drag and Drop are supported with keyboard navigation.
- Closed captioning available for hearing impaired students for videos such as Unit Openers.
We will be working on making digital content fully accessible, with rolling updates throughout the 2022-2023 school year. Our student materials are also available in braille and large type via the National Instructional Materials Accessibility Center to accommodate students with visual impairments.
Our Commitment to Improving Accessibility
As part of our pledge to offer an accessible web platform, Benchmark Education has committed to all new development achieving WCAG compliance, in addition to continued improved accessibility for our current technologies.