Test your audio
Before starting a test, teachers and students can use the Audio Playback Check dialog box to make sure sound can be heard and the appropriate volume is set. The Audio Playback Check dialog box only appears at the start of assessments that contain audio files.
Ensure audio settings are enabled and not muted, and the volume is set to a comfortable hearing level on teacher and student devices before previewing or beginning a test. It’s important that students perform an audio playback check so that any device-related audio issues are resolved before a test, not during.
|Students are instructed to contact their teacher if they cannot hear the test sound.|
- Find an assessment.
- Click or tap the Gear icon and select Preview. The assessment loads and the Audio Playback Check dialog box appears.
- Select the Speaker icon to do an audio playback check.
- Select the appropriate Audio Playback Check result button: I did not hear the sound or I heard the sound.
- If you selected I did not hear the sound, ensure audio settings are enabled and not muted, and the volume is set to a comfortable hearing level. Then click Try Again to repeat the test sound or Continue to Test to bypass the audio test.
- If you selected Continue to Test or I heard the sound, select one of the following options on the Help dialog box.
- Show Me How (video)
- Help (?)
- Begin Test Now
|Click or tap the Close (x) icon to exit the test.|